There are no Safety Alerts at this time.
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings. Know what is typical and what is not.
- Call 911 from a campus phone or (562) 402-3674 from a cell phone to report suspicious activity.
- Be aware of parking lots, walkways and restrooms.
- Travel with others with whom you are comfortable when possible, or call Campus Police for a Security Escort if needed.
- Let others know where you are going, especially if you might be there alone.
- If you are uncomfortable, go to where there are other people.
- Headphones can eliminate your ability to be aware of your surroundings.
- Move confidently at a steady pace and make eye contact with people.
- Keep keys in hand when moving to a vehicle.
- Keep windows and doors locked.
- Check the interior of a vehicle before getting in.
- Go to the nearest open business or police station if you are being followed.
- Do not confront a fleeing suspect, from a safe distance obtain a good description and direction of travel for the police
In the event of an emergency, this web page may be used to provide updated emergency information to Cerritos College students, parents, faculty, staff, and general public about any event occurring on the Cerritos College campus including:
- Natural Disaster
- Hazardous Material Accident
- Bomb Threat/Explosion
- Violent/Criminal Behavior
- Utility Failure
BEFORE THE EMERGENCY
- See situation-specific information on the Posters.
- Note the location of your Emergency Evacuation Assembly Area for rooms you use/occupy on campus.
- Have emergency phone numbers handy.
- Keeps halls and exits clear of boxes/debris.
- Correct or report hazardous conditions.