May 17, 2017
***Safety Alert: Indecent Exposure***
It was reported on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at approximately 12:45 p.m. a male subject exposed his genitals to a female student in Lot 7. The incident occurred in the area of the Metals building as the victim was sitting in her car. The suspect was last seen on foot, walking towards the Santa Barbra building.
The suspect is described as Male-White in his early 20’s 5’-5”- 160 lbs.- medium build- blond hair with a comb over hairstyle wearing black and red plaid sweat shirt with hoodie- dark blue basketball shorts and carrying a dark grey back pack.
If you see the individual described above, please contact Campus Police immediately by dialing 9-1-1 from any campus phone, or by calling (562) 402-3674 from a mobile or other phone. Remember, do not confront a suspect. Be a good witness and obtain a good description of the suspects from a safe distance. Your safety is important.
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings. Know what is typical and what is not.
- Call 911 from a campus phone or (562) 402-3674 from a cell phone to report suspicious activity.
- Be aware of parking lots, walkways and restrooms.
- Travel with others with whom you are comfortable when possible, or call Campus Police for a Security Escort if needed.
- Let others know where you are going, especially if you might be there alone.
- If you are uncomfortable, go to where there are other people.
- Headphones can eliminate your ability to be aware of your surroundings.
- Move confidently at a steady pace and make eye contact with people.
- Keep keys in hand when moving to a vehicle.
- Keep windows and doors locked.
- Check the interior of a vehicle before getting in.
- Go to the nearest open business or police station if you are being followed.
- Do not confront a fleeing suspect, from a safe distance obtain a good description and direction of travel for the police
- Natural Disaster
- Hazardous Material Accident
- Bomb Threat/Explosion
- Violent/Criminal Behavior
- Utility Failure
BEFORE THE EMERGENCY
- See situation-specific information on the Posters.
- Note the location of your Emergency Evacuation Assembly Area for rooms you use/occupy on campus.
- Have emergency phone numbers handy.
- Keeps halls and exits clear of boxes/debris.
- Correct or report hazardous conditions.