No alerts at this time.
Basic safety precautions
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings. Know what is typical and what is not.
- Call 9-1-1 from a campus phone or (562) 924-3618 from a mobile phone to report suspicious activity.
- Be aware of parking lots, walkways and restrooms.
- Travel with others with whom you are comfortable when possible, or call Campus Police for a Security Escort if needed.
- Let others know where you are going, especially if you might be there alone.
- If you are uncomfortable, go to a location where there are other people.
- Headphones can eliminate your ability to be aware of your surroundings.
- Move confidently at a steady pace and make eye contact with people.
- Keep keys in hand when moving to a vehicle.
- Keep windows and doors locked.
- Check the interior of a vehicle before getting in.
- Go to the nearest open business or police station if you are being followed.
- Do not confront a fleeing suspect. Establish a safe distance and obtain a good description and direction of travel for the police.